- Page Two
- Photo Gallery
Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
U.S. National Weather Service Alerts for Edgefield, SC
Winter Weather Advisory
… Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 9 am EST this
… Winter Storm Warning is cancelled…
The National Weather Service in Columbia has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for light snow… which is in effect until 9 am
EST this morning. The Winter Storm Warning has been cancelled.
* Locations… western midlands of South Carolina and the northwestern
central Savannah River area of Georgia.
* Hazard types… light snow.
* Snow accumulations… less than one inch.
* Timing… through early morning.
* Impacts… although the snowfall is coming to an end… there will
continue to be very dangerous travel conditions due to the slick
Road conditions. There may be lengthy power interruptions. Hazardous
travel conditions may persist into Thursday as very cold
temperatures will continue.
* Winds… north 5 mph or less.
* Temperatures… in the lower to mid 20s this morning… climbing
to near freezing later this afternoon.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads… and use caution while driving. Due to the
remaining snow on area roadways… be sure to drive slowly and
leave plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front of you.
Brake gently and avoid making sudden turns.
Winter Storm Warning – Cancelled
… Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 9 am EST
* locations… central South Carolina and the central Savannah
River area of Georgia.
* Hazard types… snow… sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations… snow and sleet accumulations of 1 to 3 inches
are expected in the Piedmont… this includes the area extending
from McCormick to Saluda to Newberry to Fairfield… to
Lancaster. Accumulations of 2 to 4 inches are expected in the
central Savannah River area and south midlands… this includes
the area from Augusta to Aiken to Columbia plus ice
accumulations near one-tenth of an inch. Accumulations of 3 to 5
inches are expected in the north midlands from Camden to
Bishopville to Cheraw. Southeast of this area a mixture of
sleet… freezing rain and snow is forecasted. This includes the
area extending from Waynesboro to Barnwell to Bamberg and
Orangeburg… to Manning. Here… the most likely snow
accumulations will be 2 to 4 inches plus damaging ice
accumulations of 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch.
* Timing… precipitation will be widespread tonight and end from
west to east Wednesday morning.
* Impacts… there will be very dangerous travel conditions.
There may be lengthy power interruptions. Hazardous travel
conditions may persist into Thursday as very cold temperatures
* Winds… north 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Temperatures… it will remain below freezing and fall to near 20
by sunrise. Temperatures will be in the 20s Wednesday
morning… and upper 20s to lower 30s Wednesday afternoon. Lows
will be mainly 10 to 15 Wednesday night.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow…
sleet… and ice are expected. Only travel if it is absolutely
necessary. If you must travel you may want to consider the
following safety tips. Plan plenty of extra time. Drive slowly
and leave plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front of
you. Brake gently and avoid making sudden turns. Bring the
following with you in case you get stranded… food and water… .
blanket… windshield scrapper and brush… and first aid kit. Let
someone else know when you will travel and what routes you will