Sarah Watson in Paris During World War II

Sarah Watson in Paris During World War II

By Owen Clark – For years, I have been interested in learning more about Sarah Pressly Watson, a Ridge Spring native who spent thirty-nine years, from 1920 to 1959, as director of a dormitory for foreign women attending the Sorbonne, a part of the University of Paris. Recently I ordered a book, Americans in Paris: […]

Here & There – 2-28-13

Yard Sale: Harmony United Methodist Church Mission Committee will hold a giant  yard sale, Sat., Mar 2, beginning at 6  a.m. at the Fellowship hall next to the church. If you have items to contribute call 275-4885 for pickup or delivery or more info. An EZ Go Golf Cart will be sold by sealed bids […]

First Annual Edgefield County Agriculture Day

First Annual Edgefield County Agriculture Day

Strom Thurmond FFA, in conjunction with the Edgefield County Young Farmers are producing the first annual Edgefield County Agriculture Day on Saturday March 16, 2013, from noon until 4 p.m. Among the events will be an antique tractor show sponsored by the Palmetto Antique Tractor Club; demonstrations by Clemson Univ. College of Agriculture; demonstrations by […]

Here & There – 2-21-13

Bar-B-Q Fundraiser Benefit: for Sally Nash who is in need of a liver transplant. Fri. Feb. 22 and Sat. Feb. 23 – Edgefield Masonic Lodge 11 am until 2 pm. Orders being taken now.   Plates  consist of:  Pork Bar-B-Q, rice and hash, green beans and rolls, $7.00 per plate.    Hash also sold by the qt. $9.00 and […]

Quiet Confidence – Pinnacle Training Academy

Quiet Confidence – Pinnacle Training Academy

By Jack Reece – Mike Lipscomb dropped by the office this week to tell me about his new business. If you haven’t met Mike you need to, it makes me think I am shaking hands with a grizzly bear each time we greet each other which, as it turns out, is obviously one prerequisite for success […]

Here & There – 2-14-13

Black History Series: Lectures will be held at Macedonia Community Center at 10 a.m. each Saturday in February. The program is free to the public. Soup, Sandwich and Smiles: Edgefield United Methodist Church invites everyone to their church at the corner of Bacon and Norris Streets (across from the Post Office) to enjoy soup, sandwiches […]

Public Invited to Attend Annual Pancake Supper

Public Invited to Attend Annual Pancake Supper

The Episcopal Church of the Ridge will be hosting the Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper on February 12th from 6 – 7:30 pm at the Trinity Episcopal Church Parish Hall in Edgefield. Admission is $3 per person and “carry-out” plates will be available. Please come and join us. Mardi Gras (French for “Fat Tuesday”) is the […]

STHS FFA Wildlife Management Team Takes 2nd Place

STHS FFA Wildlife Management Team Takes 2nd Place

February 10, 2013 – Students of the Strom Thurmond Career Center FFA Association spent their Saturday on the Horry Georgetown Technical College campus in Georgetown South Carolina participating in the South Carolina FFA State Wildlife Management Career Development Competition.  Students in the Wildlife Career Development Event, earn the opportunity to demonstrate their technical and management […]

1 68 69 70 71 72 88