The Johnston Peach Blossom Festival is now taking applications for individuals, organizations and businesses interested in being a part of the historic 33rd annual event.
The Festival will be held May 7, 2016, in Johnston, known as the Peach Capital of the World.
Last year, thousands of patrons descended on Johnston to enjoy the day set aside to honor the peach industry, which has been so important in the development of the area. Each year, the Town goes all out with the Festival to remind citizens about the peach industry and to open its arms to visitors.
Applications and expressions of interest are now being accepted in the following areas:
- Entertainment: Tonya King, (803) 480-0427, email@example.com;
- Parade: Roger Lamb, (803) 275-0438, 505 Roland Ave., Johnston, SC 29832;
- Rides: Debra Aston, (803) 275-2345, 416 Lee St., Suite 2, Johnston, SC 29832, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Food Concessions: Noah Peterson, (803) 480-0135, P.O. Box 282, Johnston, SC 29832, email@example.com;
- Arts and Crafts: Missy Cleveland , (803) 275-1640; 501 Weaver Road, Johnston, SC 29832, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Corporate Sponsorships: Dean Campbell, (803) 275-3635, 802 Ouzts St., Johnston, SC 29832, email@example.com;
- Pageant: Janice Cleveland, (803) 334-2507, Jcleveland@edgefield.k12.sc.us; and
- Program Book Ads: Debra Aston, (803) 275-2345, 416 Lee St., Suite 2, Johnston, SC 29832, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the areas listed above, the Festival also has a Friday, May 6, street dance in downtown Johnston, designed especially for families.
The Johnston Development Corporation, a non-profit volunteer organization, sponsors the Festival. The Corporation works to aid the community in areas such as economic development, education, recreation, historic preservation, tourism, scientific and cultural opportunities, and continued promotion of Johnston.
To learn more about the Festival or the Johnston Development Corporation, visit the website at http://www.johnstondevelopmentcorp.org/.