Make Sure You Are Registered, and Your Information is Current
COLUMBIA, S.C. (September 29, 2020) – To help ensure voters are prepared for the November 3 General Election, the State Election Commission wants to remind South Carolinians of the fast-approaching voter registration deadline.
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED BY OCTOBER 4* TO VOTE IN THE 2020 GENERAL ELECTION
Voters not currently registered to vote in their county of residence must register by the deadline, including citizens who:
- Will be 18 years old on or before November 3, 2020 and have not registered.
- Moved to a new county but did not register in the new county.
- Moved from another state but did not register in South Carolina.
- Requires SC Driver’s License or DMV ID Card.
- Must be received by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, October 4.
Register Using a By-Mail Application
- Forms available at county voter registration offices and scVOTES.org.
- Complete and return the form to your county voter registration office.
- Emailed and faxed forms must be received by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, October 4.
- Mailed forms must be postmarked by Monday, October 5.*
Register in Person
- At your county voter registration office by 5:00 p.m., Friday, October 2 (unless your county holds weekend hours, check locally).
Other Important Dates
October 5 – November 2: In-Person Absentee Voting Available at county voter registration and elections offices and extension offices. (click for a list of absentee voting locations).
October 24: Deadline to apply for an absentee by mail ballot.
November 3: Election Day, Deadline to return absentee-by-mail ballots.
*Because the U.S. Postal Service is closed on Sunday, mailed applications will be accepted if postmarked by October 5. All other registration methods must be completed by October 4.